The Spring/Summer Season has drawn to a close at Point Ellice House. The last day of Tea Service was September 26th.
Local and noted author Kit Pearson launched her latest book at Point Ellice House September 10.
From the Pass It Around Victoria web site:
Explore Victoria’s Heritage and discover the stories of the people who created, lived and worked at these sites. Come to know our fascinating history – and take those experiences home with you!
A $25 Pass It Around Victoria pass connects you with Museums, Art Galleries and National Historic Sites. If you are visiting as a tourist, learn about the culture and ancestry of British Columbia’s capital. As a local, delve deeper into your city’s past.
Passes are on sale ONLY at the Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre.
To help celebrate Victoria Foundation’s 80th Birthday, the Foundation invites Victorians to take a complimentary free tour of Point Ellice House and Heritage Garden on Saturday, September 17, 2016.
Due to our limited available parking, you are encouraged to come by Harbour Ferry for the reduced rate of a $5.00 return ticket.
Light refreshments may be purchased, though our regular Tea service will not be available. Join the celebration while learning about Victoria’s past!
Thank you for attending the Point Ellice House Heritage Rose and Vintage Craft Festival.
The following is the list of vendors that displayed their crafts and their web sites for more information:
- Our featured presenter: The Victoria Floral Artists: Providing flower arranging demonstrations – http://www.victoriafloralartists.ca/
- Victorian Vogue – Historical Fashions: providing a fashion show of Vintage Fashion – http://victorianvogue.ca/
- Obsessive Quilter and Loving It by Selina Kuyp: a homeschooling mother who has a passion for quilting – https://www.facebook.com/ObsessiveQuilterAndLovingIt/
- Tina’s Pendants and Paintings: Specializing in creative hand painted home decor and unique pendants.- https://www.facebook.com/tinaspendantsandpaintings/
- Sombrero’s Hand-knits by Susan Hatt: fibers–knitting, quilting, crochetting and most recently, spinning and Saori weaving – http://jamesbaymarket.com/2013/11/sombreros-hand-knits/
- RandMCards by Robin Schuy/Marianne Kowalchuk – assorted greeting cards and paper crafts – https://www.facebook.com/RandMCards
- The Renew Sisters – Shabby Chic and Vintage Wares
- Anne Marie – Crafty Garden Bling and Jewelry
Available in our Gift Shop — Hollyhock Seeds!
To help start your own heritage flower collection in your own garden, Point Ellice House is selling Hollyhock seeds in our Gift Shop (in the Visitor Centre).
Brief instructions are printed on the back of the seed envelope, but to help you get started we recommend the following web page at the Gardening Know How web site:
Point Ellice House is proud and pleased to announce:
The Right Honourable Steve Thompson Minister of Forests, Lands, and National Resource Operations, presented funds to Point Ellice House for the following two purposes:
- exploring options for carriage storage and display/carriage conservation
- foundation beam repair, insulation, heating and kitchen improvement upgrades on the Carriage House.
For a unique way to join us…
Access by water is possible via Victoria Harbour Ferry’s Water Taxi to our dock on the Gorge Waterway.
Contact Victoria Harbour Ferries at 250-708-0201 for more information or to arrange transport.
The Point Ellice House Preservation Society is the non-profit organization whose goals are to:
- Preserve and protect one of the last remaining Victorian Villas in Victoria.
- Expand opportunities for education about events, personalities and life styles of 19th and 20th century Victoria.
- Ensure the maintenance and restoration of the heritage site and its collection.
- Keep this Victorian jewel open to the public year round.
We are always looking for new members. As a member you will help shape the future of this historic jewel by voting for, or acting on, the volunteer Board of Directors. Your support will help us ensure that this heritage property remains open for the enjoyment of present and future generations of Victorians and visitors to our city.
For more information please read the Membership Brochure.
Would you like to help inform people about local Victorian Heritage?
Do you have a passion for gardening and would like to spend more time outdoors?
The Point Ellice House and Garden are looking for volunteer Tour Guides and Gardeners.
Tour guides, who lead small groups through the house full of the O’Reilly family’s household items, have a choice of hours Thursday through Mondays.
Gardeners to help maintain the grounds and gardens are wanted for Sunday and/or Tuesdays.