This series of letters from Carry (Caroline) O’Reilly to her husband Peter cover the time period of July 21, 1867 to September 23, 1867. The scene shifts from New Westminster to Victoria. There are some rare glimpses into the daily domestic life of a family separated at a “trying” time.
Note : Closed brackets may indicate notations left by the original transcriptionist.
- Letter No. 1, New Westminster, July 21, 1867
- Letter No. 2, New Westminster, July 29, 1867
- Letter No. 3, Victoria, August 7, 1867
- Letter No. 4, Victoria, August 15, 1867
- Letter No. 5, Victoria, September 2, 1867
- Letter No. 7, Victoria, September 23, 1867
- Notes and Observations
- Appendix - List of Names - 1867
This collection of letters and documents has been digitized from an earlier transcription project and is for informational purposes only. This transcription has not been verified against the originals. Researchers interested in these letters should consult the original documents housed at the BC Archives.
- Peter O’Reilly’s 1886 Diary
- List of Recipes
- List of Calling Cards from Visitors